21 March, 2014

Fashionably Late to the Coco Party!

For one reason or another, I am always just a little late to parties. It usually works out for the best - everyone is already mingling and I get to skip that awkward first hour or so. You know, the one where people just hover near the food, making small-talk and waiting for something to happen.

This time, though, I so wanted to be on time! But it was not to be. A dark stormy day plus a flat camera battery meant that I spent the evening sitting in my lonely Coco Dress, watching all the other little Cocos making friends at Tilly's party. At least I can now vouch for the extreme comfyness that is the Coco Dress! Seriously, it's like wearing some sort of nightgown (the kind that isn't meant to be seen), only I can talk to the postman, do the shopping, and even go to lectures!




Pattern Details:

I cut a size 3. The amount of ease is perfect! I needed a decent sway back adjustment, but that's fairly standard for my clothing. Next time I'd probably shorten the waistline a little first.

I made the simplest dress version, thinking that any added detail would be too much with the tiny print. Now I'm thinking it might need something after all. White pockets? Maybe a detachable peter pan collar? Maybe just a belt.

Here's a close-up of the print. I just love it. Little colourful roses and worms on a vine :) And of course, a shot with Bean. She loves being a part of the action!



I'm loving all of the colour-blocked versions popping up around the place, especially on Tilly's Pinterest Board. Let's hope it's not too late for my little Coco to join the party!

4 comments:

sophie said...

adooooooooooore that last photo! your dress is so so cute!! love it that simple!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much :)

Andrea Van Kleef said...

I love that fabric ! Where did you get it? I keep looking for fabrics on the web but can't see anything I like as yet. Gorgeous dress

Unknown said...

Thank you!
The fabric came from Spotlight - a big generic fabric store like JoAnns. I wish I knew more about it. They had a bunch of different prints that were abnormally cute compared to their usual range!

Here's a few websites I have come across that have some great printed knits (not sure about shipping costs though):

http://thefabricfairy.com/

http://www.girlcharlee.com/

https://www.fabric.com/

Hope that helps! :)